Monday, July 30, 2007

In the interest of full disclosure


Just so we all know what we are dealing with here, this is my sock yarn stash. I pulled it out yesterday to photograph it for Ravelry. It may be that I have this delusion that I have more free time than I actually do, but I always think that I will knit mountains of socks and sweaters and purchase accordingly. I know it could be worse, but I have a small house and my stash is threating to take over.


From left to right: Lisa Souza Sock! in Gendarme and Berry Poppins (my husband bought these for Valentine's day and didn't realize that you only need one skein to make socks - he bought two of each. I'm trying to find a pattern to use both skeins), top left - various skeins of Claudia's Handpaint, front left to right - Skinny Duet in Sailor Girl, Yarn Pirate in Wildflowers, Sweet Georgia in Rusted, three skeins of Fearless Fibers, Socks that Rock in Farmhouse, Scottish Highlands and all three (!) sock club yarns (monsoon, grasshopper and firebird). At the back from the middle to the left - Sockotta in black and knitpicks in hunter green and tan.

Since discovering knitting blogs, I have been inspired and informed by the projects and techniques discussed by other knitters. I hope you will join me as I hunt down the ever elusive finished object and find ever more beguiling patterns and yarns to add to my wishlist.

No comments: